$7 Secrets Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SITE DISPLAYED ERROR  (Read 394 times)

solomonc

• View Profile
SITE DISPLAYED ERROR
« on: February 16, 2012, 04:00:59 AM »

Hi,

My 7 Dollar site has been running smoothly until I changed (using Microsoft Notepad) the product price in the settings.php file and uploaded it back to the server. I got this error when I visited my site's main page:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sulaimonc/public_html/theaffiliatemarketingsecret.com/settings.php:1) in /home/sulaimonc/public_html/theaffiliatemarketingsecret.com/index.php on line 212

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sulaimonc/public_html/theaffiliatemarketingsecret.com/settings.php:1) in /home/sulaimonc/public_html/theaffiliatemarketingsecret.com/index.php on line 357

Note: I didn't change anything to the index.php file.

I tried unloading the setting.php file page to the server using ASCII or Binary mode but the error still remain.

What should I do to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Don Morris

• The $7 Secrets Guy
  • Master Craftsman
  • Twitter: @DonMorris
    • View Profile
    • $7 Secrets
Re: SITE DISPLAYED ERROR
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »

This happens when Notepad mangles the settings file, usually adding additional characters at the start of the file. You'll probably be able to fix this by deleting the first line of the settings file and re-saving it -- use Notepad ++, not Notepad!

Don
$7 Secrets: Add-ons and Installation, PayPal: Protection
Pages: [1]