$7 Secrets Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fix my script?  (Read 1772 times)

LacyJ

• View Profile
Fix my script?
« on: March 27, 2010, 06:06:45 PM »

I installed the 7DS script myself, and its not working quite right.

The download links are screwed up, and I really don't know how to fix them.  Also, after purchasing the OTO, the customer is redirected from paypal to my salesletter, rather than the otodownload page.

Anyone here think they can fix this for me?

1shotoffers

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Fix my script?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 06:55:35 PM »

Check your PM.....

derek.ifocus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 06:59:14 PM »

I'm having this same problem...Sending you a PM now.

Thanks,
Derek

1shotoffers

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 06:37:54 AM »

Hi Derek....check your PM.....

1shotoffers

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 06:54:20 AM »

For others getting a redirect to salesletter after purchase here is something you should check.

Go to your Paypal Account and select "Profile"

Under "Selling Preferences" select "Website Payment Preferences"

The first setting will be "Auto Return for Website Payments"

This should be set to "OFF"

If it is set to "ON" Paypal will bypass the Custom IPN option in the $7DSS thus causing the script to error and send user to salesletter.

Don Morris

• The $7 Secrets Guy
  • Master Craftsman
  • Twitter: @DonMorris
    • View Profile
    • $7 Secrets
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 12:09:57 PM »

If it is set to "ON" Paypal will bypass the Custom IPN option in the $7DSS thus causing the script to error and send user to salesletter.

Nope. Won't happen. The 'return' setting in the script overrides the PayPal Return URL. This is clearly explained in the PayPal Website Payments Standard Integration Guide:

The Return URL will be applied to all of your Auto Return payments unless otherwise specified within the button or link for that Website Payment. You may specify a different Return URL by changing it in your profile settings; otherwise, you may add or edit the HTML (variable: return) associated with a button or link. In this case, the Return URL that is associated with the button or link will override what was specified in the profile settings. (Emphasis mine.)

This myth has been quoted often enough that I've tested it myself: 7dollarsecrets.com has been operating with Auto Return turned on since January 2009 and not one single purchaser has been redirected through the Return URL specified in my PayPal profile. (The script at that location would send them to the correct location and also email me diagnostic information.)

If you're being returned to your sales page after a purchase, you're either using an outdated version of the software (prior to version 2.7) or your $sys_script_folder setting is wrong.

By using the 'return' setting, 7DSS is compatible with other software that depends on the Auto Return setting (of course, that software should also use the 'return' setting) and operates independently of the Return URL setting.

Don
$7 Secrets: Add-ons and Installation, PayPal: Protection

1shotoffers

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 01:13:09 PM »

Don,

I have now done 2 script fixes for folks running the latest version 2.8 and both had $sys_script_folder settings correct. Yet after payment, rather than getting "Return to Merchant" button, payment confirmation page would simply auto re-direct to sales letter.

After eliminating all other possibilities, we found (in both cases) that they had Auto Return feature for Website Payments set to "ON".  Upon their turning it to "OFF" (in both cases) the problem was resolved.

So while it is true that the Paypal Integration Guide states that you can set custom return URLs with this setting turned on, the fix still wound up being turning it to "OFF" in both of these cases.

It should be noted that in reviewing older versions of the Paypal Website Payments Standard Integration Guide, it specifically addresses custom return URLs with Auto Return set to "ON", however in the latest version (January 2010) oddly, that reference is no longer there so I am wondering if something maybe changed that affects this.  I know there has been some changes in regard to return method (variable rm) vs. return url (variable return_url) and how it should be called but not sure if this affects default auto return or $7DSS in any way. 

I also tested this with my installs....
Originally my Auto Return Setting was set to "OFF".  After experiencing this with the 2 previous folks I went in and turned mine to "ON" and I was able to re-create the same thing...Paypal auto returned to my sales letter.  Upon turning setting back to "OFF" went back to getting "Return to Merchant" button and  return working properly.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 02:12:48 PM by 1shotoffers »

tripro

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 07:56:39 AM »

I've also had this situation happen where the download pages no longer show after turning on auto return in Paypal. Unfortunately all my new sites currently ready to launch will require auto return on to work properly with Paypal so not sure what to do with all the sites we have created with the 7 dollar script if we can't use it with auto return being enabled.

Is there a way to resolve this to keep using the 7 dollar script?

Thanks!

Mark
Pages: [1]